Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this car is very high mileage just got the oil changed so theres no lights coming on but now all the sudden this horrible very loud grunting sound not a squeaky sound but grunting sound when I turn the wheel either way .. what is it?? Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
did you change it yourself? If not maybe the person who did it didn’t get the old oil filter gasket off and it leaked out?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Would there be any way we could have you, ... sort of ... imitate ... that grunting sound you mentioned.
We'd like to hear all rattles, squeaks and odd noises people make for us; just like their car's make for them.

• Haha
Reactions: Nellie802

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My thought is it’s unrelated to the oc. Maybe a wheel speed sensor is triggering your stabilitrac?
I did recently get new tires put on ?
Would there be any way we could have you, ... sort of ... imitate ... that grunting sound you mentioned.
We'd like to hear all rattles, squeaks and odd noises people make for us; just like their car's make for them.
You first,:LOL:... I doubt I can make the sound myself on command but it kinda sound like..humm. you ever had to move a huge piece of furniture that you could not lift so it resulted of you kinda scooting it across a hard floor .. it better yet have you ever lived in a downstairs apartment and your loud ass annoying neighbors upstairs decide they wanna start building shit at 2am

·
Registered
356 Posts
$89!
Yikes.
Liquid gold?
No lights tho..
Maybe a stuck caliper?
Wheel bearing?
Low transmission fluid?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait ... am I suppose to use some sort of steering fluid ?? Oh it was high mileage oil change lol..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Make sure they didn't put-in dead light bulbs for all your good ones while they were changing oil and mounting new tires.
Make sure you'd be back for some troubleshooting time where they'd put-back in your good bulbs; charging you for each one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So this car is very high mileage just got the oil changed so theres no lights coming on but now all the sudden this horrible very loud grunting sound not a squeaky sound but grunting sound when I turn the wheel either way .. what is it?? Thanks
If it happens when you turn the wheel especially it could your wheel bearing on either side. If it gets louder on a particular side that you turn to that's probably it and probably that side. Fairly inexpensive fix. Under $300 repair at Belle Tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check for inner fender panel for rubbing the tire. When they change the oil filter they will pull the plastic inner fender to gain access to oil filter sometimes and forget to reposition it back. HTH

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it happens when you turn the wheel especially it could your wheel bearing on either side. If it gets louder on a particular side that you turn to that's probably it and probably that side. Fairly inexpensive fix. Under $300 repair at Belle Tire.
Check power steering pump/fluid.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts