Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have just recently bought a 08 impala lt 3.5l flex fuel. When it’s idling it’s making a weird noise in the motor that sounds like a fan running or a hair dryer inside the motor. It seems to be loudest on the driver side. Air box looks clean and so does the filter. I have a code for the intake cam actuator circuit and evap circuit. Not sure if those are related. I was thinking timing chain maybe but I’m unsure. Also has a weird smell like burning rubber but the accessory belt is good and all the pulleys spin freely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just recently bought a 08 impala lt 3.5l flex fuel. When it’s idling it’s making a weird noise in the motor that sounds like a fan running or a hair dryer inside the motor. It seems to be loudest on the driver side. Air box looks clean and so does the filter. I have a code for the intake cam actuator circuit and evap circuit. Not sure if those are related. I was thinking timing chain maybe but I’m unsure. Also has a weird smell like burning rubber but the accessory belt is good and all the pulleys spin freely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
I had a similar problem with radiator fans. Take a look at those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts