Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across on ebay where they now have switch back colored leds for the turn signal. Which when theyre not in use they run white but if you have your turn signal on they run amber. Now what im jus confused about if the 08 impala takes a standard bulb or a SRCK type bulb? Can anyone help me? If you order the wrong ones they can blow your fuse...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Be sure to check wiring too.. I got some off of ebay. I had to rewire the socket.. when I installed it I had to switch the turn signal and running lights wires. Plus my 12 impala (asuming yours is the same..) runs the dim while also the bright... therefore the amber is hardly noticable (unsafe.. but I'm aware so I drive as if they don't know I'm turning) if you need a video of its operation after rewire to understand let me know.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also bought some led switchback and even with the resistors they're still hyper flashing. Does anyone know why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know off the top of their heads what colors the wires you need to bridge with the resistor are? I assume it's a 3 wire setup with black as a common ground and then it's a 50/50 shot wich of the other two is the turn/flash and which is the constant/parking light wire..

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I just did this. One side of the resistor goes to the black ground, the other to the yellow wire. Same for the front and rear. I just did full LED tail light conversion and led switchbacks up front. You will need one resistor per bulb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perfect, Thanks! One per i've got, the yellow is what I needed to know.. wasn't sure if it was the yellow or green, easier to ask then to cut into both.

Not going to do anything with the tails for now.. I considred it, but with the red lens the difference is minor. Someday I may opt for the sweeplite bulbs in the rear, but at 66 bucks for two, not sure it's worth it. I did go with 6000k backup lights and plate light though.

For the front however the switchbacks are a must have! Doing those, led side marker's and HID low's for now. Will probably also do HID fogs once the above are done as well.

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts