Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been wondering what would be the easiest way to change my spark plugs. I already have them just never knew how I would attack this :WTF::dunno:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Wrong place to post this, I'm sure a MOD will move it to the correct spot and a fellow SS owner will chime in. Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the fix!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I would handle it the same as the v6 model, remove the front dogbone engine mounts, rock the engine forward, and get the back plugs. The fronts should be easy. And thanks to SuperDave for this tip, rock the car till the engine is forward, and set the parking brake to hold it there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would handle it the same as the v6 model, remove the front dogbone engine mounts, rock the engine forward, and get the back plugs. The fronts should be easy. And thanks to SuperDave for this tip, rock the car till the engine is forward, and set the parking brake to hold it there.
ill have to do this as well when i go to upgrade all my ignition stuff

·
Registered
185 Posts
The fronts are very easy. But unplug the coolant temp sensor on the belt end of engine so you don't mess that up during the swap.

The rear 4 are not easy, you'll fight the two heater hoses and the transmission dipstick tube on the trans side of engine. I bungeed the hoses out of the way as best I could.

I strongly suggest removing the coil pack mounting bracket. One electrical plug and 5 bolts. That frees up a lot of space.

Other than that, slow and steady.

- wd4o

·
Registered
69 Posts
ya, ive got plenty of life left in my stock stuff but when i upgrade ill do a "performance" upgrade on all the ignition stuff at once and be done with it. ill set aside a whole weekend to do it as well cause i know ill have to take a break here and there. thanks for the tips!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts