Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on buying this LS4 Impala that I've had my eye on, transmission ain't too get but I'm getting a remanufactured one with everything upgraded and planning on getting something for the DoD, not sure if a DoD delete kit is better or a simple Plug & Play disabler would do the trick. Besides these two things, what other issues do these cars have and how can I go about solving them or maintaining them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you've got the trans out anyhow - do yourself a favour and replace the crank sensor with the best one you can find! They're a horrid job otherwise. With the trans out it's a 2 minute job. Flush those lines, and replace the rubber sections while you're in there. Only use Dex6 to fill.

DOD physical delete is the best, but the electronic delete will still do the job - UNLESS there's something already going wrong! If one of the lifters is already starting to bind up, nothing but replacing will fix it (pretty much). That being said, I have 320K km's on my '08 Sierra, and it's been E-deleted since about 275K. I'm still going to recam it anyhow one of these days and go back to conventional.

List goes on - I'll let someone else go next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you've got the trans out anyhow - do yourself a favour and replace the crank sensor with the best one you can find! They're a horrid job otherwise. With the trans out it's a 2 minute job. Flush those lines, and replace the rubber sections while you're in there. Only use Dex6 to fill.

DOD physical delete is the best, but the electronic delete will still do the job - UNLESS there's something already going wrong! If one of the lifters is already starting to bind up, nothing but replacing will fix it (pretty much). That being said, I have 320K km's on my '08 Sierra, and it's been E-deleted since about 275K. I'm still going to recam it anyhow one of these days and go back to conventional.

List goes on - I'll let someone else go next.
Thanks for that info, the guy told me there's a bad lifter on it so you're saying that means it probably needs the entire engine replaced?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts