Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 08 Impala LT about a month ago and now i want to replace the factory radio with an after market one. I need to know if i can get a wiring harness without the data bus II connector. It is really expensive and I don't really care if I have the warning chimes and steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
368 Posts
pac audio would be the answer, for a professional installation.

Since you don't want that, any simple harness would work, as said above, look on ebay some more, you can get a harness which will work for about $10-$15, you will have to find accessory power from another source as the data controls that.

The harness usually only has the speaker wires and the always on power supply, using a cheap simple adapter means no ACC power, to get this without getting proper harness, you will need to tap into the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) on the BCM, you will need a pinout diagram to figure where to get power from.

That will just get your new head unit to power on as the stock one did, you will not hear the chimes through the speakers and that emulated left/right signal clicking sound anymore either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts