Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it happens erratically, after my mechanic did work i think he cleared the codes or something but the remote start isnt working again, the car is due for a serious tune up and isnt running the best right now, could that be why?

·
Registered
158 Posts
When the evap solenoid at the tank failed, it threw a code which I found later was why the remote wouldn't work - with an stored engine fault. If the codes are cleared, the remote will work until another, or the same, fault gets thrown again.

Being an '08, has the remote battery been changed?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Danhez2008LT, please let me know if you would like assistance working with a Chervolet dealership towards a resolution! I'm available via private message for further assistance, although I realize you're likely seeking DIY input instead. If that is the case, I'm happy wde stepped in to assist!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Fix whatever is throwing a code and have them erased.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When the evap solenoid at the tank failed, it threw a code which I found later was why the remote wouldn't work - with an stored engine fault. If the codes are cleared, the remote will work until another, or the same, fault gets thrown again.
THIS!!! When we got our 06 Monte back in 09, it had this exact same issue. Clear the codes, and it'd work for a day or so, until the vent solenoid threw the code again. Not sure how familiar you are with GMs remote start systems, but they are programmed so that the car will not start if there is a code in memory. See if you mechanic, or auto zone for that matter, can tell you what code it is storing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts