Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Hopefully, in in the right place. Yesterday I decided to replace all 4 hubs on my 08 with 119,000 and some change. I noticed the front dust shields looked great. The rear ones were another story. Rusted to all help with pieces of metal missing. Hardware, except the parking brake actuator and its components, were rusted. I decided to try and find the parts needed to replace. I found the driver side dust shield, but the passenger side is discontinued. Found a hardware kit with everything but the actuator, although my shoes are still good.

Does anyone out here in the land of Impala forums know where I can find these parts to order. Rock Auto is out. So is carid. No pull lots near enough to me to make it worth while, as I assume most junker parts will be in the same or very similar condition.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hey all. Hopefully, in in the right place. Yesterday I decided to replace all 4 hubs on my 08 with 119,000 and some change. I noticed the front dust shields looked great. The rear ones were another story. Rusted to all help with pieces of metal missing. Hardware, except the parking brake actuator and its components, were rusted. I decided to try and find the parts needed to replace. I found the driver side dust shield, but the passenger side is discontinued. Found a hardware kit with everything but the actuator, although my shoes are still good.

Does anyone out here in the land of Impala forums know where I can find these parts to order. Rock Auto is out. So is carid. No pull lots near enough to me to make it worth while, as I assume most junker parts will be in the same or very similar condition.

Have you talked in person with a Chevrolet (or GM) part’s department, with your VIN information?

Even though some parts are discontinued, the part’s employee can us GM’s part-s locator computer system to see if any dealers (or ACDelco jobbers) have the discontinued parts in stock. If located, the dealer could have it shipped to them (for you), or you could contact the dealership directly and pay for the parts and shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue actually 07 impala the actuator arm is broken on one side of my e brake cable on the rear passenger hub. Going to go to a local junk yard and get the part. Couldn’t find it anywhere online

1 - 4 of 4 Posts