Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

2008 Impala LT No sound after aftermarket stereo install
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala LT, it has NO Bose or premium sound system, There is NO factory amp as well, I believe it was a fleet vehicle (Very Basic)

What my problem is that I'm trying to install a Power acoustic Stereo (after market)
I previously had the same set up and wire harness installed in this car, but my car was broken into and the thief's stole everything including the harness!

The harness I have is the one with out the warning chimes module , Like I said before this setup worked fine for 8 months before the car was broken into!

After installing everything today the stereo comes on and display as should BUT NO SOUND. The only wires that are not connected is the (blue/white) the (solid blue- Antenna) and the (orange- illumination )

I'm at a lost as to why there is no sound, I've checked all fuses, I disconnect the wire harness and connect the factory stereo and everything works fine.

Again I have never had a factory amp and this set up has worked before! If anyone has any ideas please share them!!

Things I'm done so we won't waste time asking if I have.

I tired to locate a factor amp, (There's not one)

Checked all fuses

Checked each speaker to see if there were any shorts!

Ran the Blue/ white wire to the passenger kick panel to both the (Amp fuse, and ACC Fuse). And still no sound!

I returned the new stereo and bought i new one and still no sound!

The harness set up has worked before but I didn't do the first install, so I'm not sure how he got it to work, and the sound to come on!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I would double check the connections for the speakers behind the radio. The white blue wire is the remote turn on wire used to turn on an amp or other device and doesn't need to be plugged in. Have you checked all the gains and stuff for the radio. I'm wondering if when they were pulling the radio they could have broke or ripped some of the factory wiring as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Likely some damaged wiring from the theft. Try hooking up a speaker directly to the back of the radio to see if it works. If it does, you probably have some broken wires. If it doesn't, it's a setting in the radio (or a faulty radio itself, although unlikely if it's the same with 2 brand new radios)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

2008 Impala LT No sound after aftermarket stereo install
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala LT, it has NO Bose or premium sound system, There is NO factory amp as well, I believe it was a fleet vehicle (Very Basic)

What my problem is that I'm trying to install a Power acoustic Stereo (after market)
I previously had the same set up and wire harness installed in this car, but my car was broken into and the thief's stole everything including the harness!

The harness I have is the one with out the warning chimes module , Like I said before this setup worked fine for 8 months before the car was broken into!

After installing everything today the stereo comes on and display as should BUT NO SOUND. The only wires that are not connected is the (blue/white) the (solid blue- Antenna) and the (orange- illumination )

I'm at a lost as to why there is no sound, I've checked all fuses, I disconnect the wire harness and connect the factory stereo and everything works fine.

Again I have never had a factory amp and this set up has worked before! If anyone has any ideas please share them!!

Things I'm done so we won't waste time asking if I have.

I tired to locate a factor amp, (There's not one)

Checked all fuses

Checked each speaker to see if there were any shorts!

Ran the Blue/ white wire to the passenger kick panel to both the (Amp fuse, and ACC Fuse). And still no sound!

I returned the new stereo and bought i new one and still no sound!

The harness set up has worked before but I didn't do the first install, so I'm not sure how he got it to work, and the sound to come on!
hopefully you see this but how did you get the sound to work? i’m having the same problem right now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts