Impala Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife & I just picked up a 2008 Impala LT, which we love a lot (sans the cheap carpeting, which we hope will hold up over time).

We have the optional MP3 player enabled stereo. Several times I tried to activate bluetooth, yet each time I hit the BT key, I get Onstar (which I am not subscribed to, nor do I want).

I've seen other posters claim that their 2006 & 2008 Impala's had bluetooth, yet I can't access mine, nor can I find anything about BT in the owners manual.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Absolutely. A fact. BT first offered in 2009. You don't have it. Sorry.

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts
No problem. And welcome to the forum.

· Premium Member
954 Posts
My Wife & I just picked up a 2008 Impala LT, which we love a lot (sans the cheap carpeting, which we hope will hold up over time).

We have the optional MP3 player enabled stereo. Several times I tried to activate bluetooth, yet each time I hit the BT key, I get Onstar (which I am not subscribed to, nor do I want).

I've seen other posters claim that their 2006 & 2008 Impala's had bluetooth, yet I can't access mine, nor can I find anything about BT in the owners manual.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Welcome, NDL!

I wanted to echo what TSS stated above: unfortunately, your 2008 Impala is not equipped with Bluetooth. I checked the GM resources available to me, and there is no Bluetooth in your vehicle.

As you found, OnStar is provided for you, but you can cancel your service at any time by contacting OnStar (OnStar Customer Assistance is 888-466-7827). However, you may consider keeping OnStar for all its helpful safety benefits. If your airbags deploy, for instance, the system is designed to make an automatic call to OnStar Emergency advisors who can request emergency services be sent to your location. And if you ever lock your keys in the car, one call to OnStar unlocks your doors for you. Check out the range of features at onstar.com, and let me know if you'd like me to investigate further on your behalf. Feel free to send me a direct message anytime!

Happy Holidays,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Just heard about costartech.com. Check it out. Turns ONSTAR into BT. But lose ONSTAR other functions. Jolie may be interested in this too.

· Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
805, I haven't bought one to try it, but scosche makes a bluetooth module that clips on to your sun visor. It has its own mic and speaker. It uses rechargeable batteries. Basically an overgrown bletooth headset, but it still looks pretty handy. This one, the larger one that seems like it would give better sound output....

chitCHAT - Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone

Or this one, a little smaller, maybe not as loud, but cheaper.

speakEASY Bluetooth Speakerphone

I saw both of them at walmart. I almost bought one yo check them out, and I may still.

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts
that is perfect just can't justify the $279 price tag
Before having true BT like I do now, I would have thought it was too steep as well. After living with it though, I would pay 279 not to have a visor clip mic, have to replace/charge batteries etc I love my BT.

· Registered
234 Posts
@devine I actually had one of those at one point, not the same model but i didn't really like the sound quality and still kinda a pain in the ass. And TSS i'm thinking i might as well just get the $19 on star plan and then i get blutooth plus the automatic crash response which is nice.

· Registered
808 Posts
In our 09 Nissan Murano they installed a Parrot BT and it works great. It is a small pad that is wired into the existing radio. Uses your car speakers as BT speakers when your on the phone with someone. And there is a small mic that you would speak into when making calls. It also syncs your phone to the device so you could access your phone book, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts