Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started having this problem. My car will run fine once above 20 MPH, but starts to get jumpy when close to 5mph... It will periodically shut off while idling, or sitting at a light.. The speedometer will jump between 20mph and 70mph over and over again. The reader keeps saying "Speed limited to 107MPH"

Any one else have this issue? Any fixes?

·
Registered
2013 Impala LT
594 Posts
Does the traction control light also come on during these times? It sounds like you have a bad wheel speed sensor, which is telling the car you are driving faster than you actually are. I would think this could cause stalling if the traction control gets activated and it pulls power to the engine so much that it makes it stall. While it may not fix your erratic speedometer, you could see if turning off the traction control helps with the stalling issue. If it does, you know for sure its a speed sensor issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the traction control light also come on during these times? It sounds like you have a bad wheel speed sensor, which is telling the car you are driving faster than you actually are. I would think this could cause stalling if the traction control gets activated and it pulls power to the engine so much that it makes it stall. While it may not fix your erratic speedometer, you could see if turning off the traction control helps with the stalling issue. If it does, you know for sure its a speed sensor issue.
I will try this.. I did just change my tires recently, so maybe the wheel speed sensor got messed up..

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started having this problem. My car will run fine once above 20 MPH, but starts to get jumpy when close to 5mph... It will periodically shut off while idling, or sitting at a light.. The speedometer will jump between 20mph and 70mph over and over again. The reader keeps saying "Speed limited to 107MPH"

Any one else have this issue? Any fixes?
Have you figured out the problem yet? I’ve been having this problem for a long time now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts