Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some guidance regarding my 2008 Impala LS with roughly 75,000 miles. When I turn the key, the vehicle does not start. I also cannot put the vehicle into any gear from park. Additionally, it is difficult removing the key from the ignition. When the door is open and the key is in the ignition the door ajar bell dings, but when I depress the brake pedal the sound stops and all the dashboard lights dim. A few seconds after I release the brake pedal lights return and the bell dings again. Also, the brake lights function properly when the brake pedal is pressed. When the key is turned fully, there is a short click but no ignition. I am looking to suggestions on the cause of this issue. My research leads me to believe it may be the BTSI Wiring harness/connector near the gear shift. I plan on exploring this further and checking the wires for crimping and/or breakage. Any other possibilities? Any advice you all could provide would be great. Thanks!

· Registered
4 Posts
Okay the gear thing is easy disconnect your battery both positive and negative terminals let him sit for a little while I'll come back up if that doesn't work there is a switch right underneath your brake pedal that needs to be replaced that is what lets your car shift in and out of gears very cheap part p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts