Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just picked up a 2008 Impala LS program car with 26000 miles on it. When we test drove it, it was flawless, but now that we have it home, I notice a vibration in the front right. It does not feel brake related, its coming when cruising and under deceleration, but not under hard acceleration, and you can feel it through the gas pedal. It sounds like the classic wuba wuba wuba sound. I read in a post about people changing tires, alignments, and someone that finally did both front end hub assemblies. My hope is to steer the service department in the right direction, and get this issue solved without alot of visits (its under full bumper to bumper warranty).

We love the car, the only other complaint is that the wipers do not completely clean the windshield. There are two spots left on the middle and driver side wet when it stops. I figure this can be remedied by new blades.

Any body esle with these issues, or any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I just picked up a 2008 Impala LS program car with 26000 miles on it. When we test drove it, it was flawless, but now that we have it home, I notice a vibration in the front right. It does not feel brake related, its coming when cruising and under deceleration, but not under hard acceleration, and you can feel it through the gas pedal. It sounds like the classic wuba wuba wuba sound. I read in a post about people changing tires, alignments, and someone that finally did both front end hub assemblies. My hope is to steer the service department in the right direction, and get this issue solved without alot of visits (its under full bumper to bumper warranty).

We love the car, the only other complaint is that the wipers do not completely clean the windshield. There are two spots left on the middle and driver side wet when it stops. I figure this can be remedied by new blades.

Any body esle with these issues, or any ideas?
I had a similar vibration in my 08 SS when I bought it. It was almost completely fixed with a tire balance and rotation. Also while doing this they told me the tie rods in the front were loose and should be replaced. (When replacing tie rods be sure to have an alignment done also...as this is standard procedure with tie rod replacement.) The tie rods should be covered with the bumper to bumper warranty. I am not sure about tire balance and rotation I had that done by a third party.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

I had the same problem, balance/rotate helped a little but it was still there. Alignment although needed due to who knows, didnt really help much. New tires did the trick. 3 of the 4 factory tires had "tread seperation" , one which was really bad.

Have an independent tire shop inspect the tires. You might be able to see the tell-tales of it yourself by looking at the tires. Usually its a random flat spot on edge of the tire, also indents or buldges on the sidewall.

Pretty common failure if you google it and check auto complaint sites, similar to this:
http://www.aboutautomobile.com/Tire/Complaint/Goodyear/Eagle+LS

If yours are also goodyear ls's and found to be defective, feel free to call goodyear to add your car to the list, they deny having any list though ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts