Impala Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my serpentine belt break after replacing it it ran for about a day then while driving on interstate it began to act like it wasn't in gear and started to lose acceration at the same time the square that circles what gear you are in disappeared and the cruise controll stopped working it ran until I shut it off no it won't do anything battery and battery connections are good fuses test good I just have a feeling a wire got damaged when the belt broke any ideas

·
Registered
2004 Impala LS 3.8L (~130k miles)
213 Posts
Demands inspection....see if there is anything obviously wrong in the engine bay. Can you test for OBD codes? They will probably point you in the right direction for the problem.....

·
Registered
442 Posts
In changing my belt one time I found a way to route the serpentine belt in that it made contact w all pulleys but wouldn’t drive all of them. My batt lite was on immediately though. It started and ran. May want to double check the routing is correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts