Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new and soon I will be purchasing a car. My choice is a 08 chevy impala or Buick lacrosse. They are (supposedly the same car mechanically so I'm lookin at entertainment options) I'm wondering which one offers the best Stereo? The chevy's Bose audio or the Buick's audio (being that Buick is a semi-luxury brand it has sighly upscale speakers). Please don't be TOO bias. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome! Whats the price and mileage of both?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I would go with personal styling preference. You could always change the stereo if you didn't like it, but you couldn't change an Impala into a lacross or vice/versa. Go with whatever one you think looks best and upgrade the stereo if you aren't happy with it. :eek:k3:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
I know my girlfriends 2012 buick regal has a killer system in but i dont know about 2008. Bring a cd with you and on your test drive crank some music and test them both out!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Rear seat in the Impala is bigger. Possibly the trunk too...... If that matters to you more than audio..... The Buick had the option for auto-climate control and rear parking sensors, both of which are important to me.... so a few more differences than maybe you originally comtemplated right off the top of my head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm leanin more on the Buick just for the face that it's a luxury/semi-luxury version of the chevy so I'd expect a high build quality. Ima keep my mind open to this forum and other sites cause I have never driven a General Motors car nor driven anything newer than an 03..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Javus, I'm excited you're considering an Impala! If you have any vehicle questions, don't hesitate to contact me via the private messaging service on this forum. I'm happy, for instance, to provide the build sheet for a specific Impala you have your eye on!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Personally, if you can live with the looks, I would get the Buick. I am not crazy about the side profile or the rear end myself, but I also don't like the 8th gen Impala front end either. Some of the Buicks also have memory seats I think, which was never available on the Impala. If I did not need the extra room in the Impala, I would have bought a Buick Super (the Buick equivalent to the SS - with the same 5.3 V8).

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Both are nice cars but watch out on the trim levels that will mess you up, try to compare like levels and see what engine you get. I still have my Regals which the Lacrosse replaced. I believe the CXL still uses the 3.8 engine
Good Hunting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally I'd stray away from the bose system, because if you end up not liking it, it's just another thing you're gonna have to mess with when swapping speakers out. Plus if the bose amp goes bad, your speakers don't work and replacing the Bose amps suck. Even if you did like a $300-400 upgrade it would sound way better than the bose or lacrosse system.

Go aftermarket audio!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts