Impala Forums banner

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.9L stalled with DTC P0016

12K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ridinginstyle 
#1 ·
2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.9L stalled with DTC P0016. Towed home and replaced camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor and inspected connecting wires. Also checked that camshaft actuator solenoid operation by pulling and applying power and checked that the actuator on the camshaft returned to position when pressed in. Also disconnected the battery for 8-12h, reset codes, and tested that I have spark.

Timing seems way off. When I have someone try to start it with my hands over the exhaust pipes I feel suction, and can hear air being pushed out the throttle body.

Did the timing chain break or skip? Is there a way to tell without tearing the front end off?

#6 ·
Please help! I've done everything including ECM, different cam phaser from the junkyard, cam sensor, crank sensor, all new. Same thing, timing stuck advanced 22 degrees and throwing the P0016 and P0011. Computer is calling for 5 degrees. If I use the Tech 2 to command it to 25 degrees it does that. But will never go lower than 22 degrees. It is stuck there. Could it be oil valve somewhere? There is nothing left to change. I threw the parts cannon at it. Runs like ass. Also makes tranny shift rough because it tells tranny to go to high pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.