Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 08 5.3. Please assist me on what mods I could put on besides a supercharger/turbocharger

·
Registered
123 Posts
MagnaFlow Exhaust & Cold Air Intake

I would start with and Exhaust Cat Back system and would go with a Cold Air Intake. I like the way MagnaFlow sounds and also like the way my Cold Air Intake system looks.Check out my posts for both Mods I did for my 2007SS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ben for replying

My impala looks exactly like yours only its an 08. I am unfortunatly not really mechaniclly inclined but Im a quick study:smile: Please let me know what you have done mod wise and what you wish list would be less super or turbocharging the car. Thanks again Mark

·
Registered
123 Posts
check out your private message

My impala looks exactly like yours only its an 08. I am unfortunatly not really mechaniclly inclined but Im a quick study:smile: Please let me know what you have done mod wise and what you wish list would be less super or turbocharging the car. Thanks again Mark
No problem check out your private message and I detailed for you what I did and cost for each Mod and what I want to do also. This site is very helpful for all Impala owners to share information. :smile:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
prob about the same since you would have to go w/ a CSC supercharger.. and afaik, there arent any kits out for your app yet...
Catuning.ca has a kit for the Wbody 5.3 though

·
Registered
142 Posts
there is a 2008 impala ss v8 like ours, from texas... he is running 13.5 in quarter mile almost stock.. some small mods like drag tires, larger downpipe exhaust/no cat,think also k&n air cleaner set up,etc... if you get to much more power , you can count on tranny going out !! rkvette

·
Registered
5 Posts
there is a 2008 impala ss v8 like ours, from texas... he is running 13.5 in quarter mile almost stock.. some small mods like drag tires, larger downpipe exhaust/no cat,think also k&n air cleaner set up,etc... if you get to much more power , you can count on tranny going out !! rkvette
but isnt the tranny the hardened version of the silverado 1500 so it should be able to take more horses and torque since ours were dumbed down for the fuel mgmt system

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
but isnt the tranny the hardened version of the silverado 1500 so it should be able to take more horses and torque since ours were dumbed down for the fuel mgmt system
No, that would be a 4L65e, yours is (IIRC) still just the 4t65eHD that was in the 05 impSS... they cant take much more than 300 whp w/o "improvements"

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
yup just cheked, the only trans codes i found were MN7 and MN15 the 15 is the 4t65e and the 7 is the 4t65eHD IIRC (may have them backwards though). the only difference is gearing and from the diff to the axles
If you start putting serious power to the ground check out
www.tripleedgeperformance.com

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
so by improvements you mean total tranny sway for someting beefier. kinda hard since we are fwd isnt it.
pretty much, like i said the stocker is good for ~300who, so you have some room to play a bit. Most LSx boltons can be "adapted" to fit your car, but most wont bolt right on...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts