Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this issue, when cruising at speeds around 20-30, and I accelerate to the point where the trans downshifts, sometimes it's very hard, and I'm not "punching" it either, (well, not all the way) just accelerating enough to have the trans kick down, and it hits very hard, the first time I noticed this is when some jerk was giving up his right of way to me, when I was the one yeilding (like I was supposed to) and since we were both slowing down, I knew my car had the power to get out of that merging lane, and that's one time when I did "punch it" and the front end hit so friggin hard I thought I broke a cv joint or something.

anyways, the car is going to the dealer in the morning to have some other issues looked at, so I will mention that 3-2, or 2-1 downshift to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know what you mean. I've had my 07ss in the shop due to hard shifting. The lower motor mount was completely broken in half. They fixed it, under warranty, but it seems that it is shifting harder than before. Please let me know what is to cone of this problem. The car was totally not what I was expecting. And the worse thing is that theydobt let you really get on it pre sale. They know what kinda crap they're selling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts