Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - Couple of questions.. first is can anyone confirm for me all of the interior bulb locations?

I purchased the these LED replacements from amazon, and have so far replaced the bulbs in the

1. Trunk (1 bulb)
2. Front foot wells (2 bulbs, 1 per side)
3. License plate light

Where else can these LEDs work in the car?

I'm having trouble removing the visor mirror lights.. and the LEDs appear to be too big for this location anyway.. can anyone confirm if these fit in the visor mirror light socket?

And how about the review mirror map lights?

I read somewhere that these LEDs should fit in there too but I can't seem to get the mirrors light covers off...

Can anyone else tell me if there are any other locations to use these LEDS? (IE the glove box or any floor lighting in the back? both of these areas seem very dark)

·
Registered
598 Posts
If your 2007 SS is anything like my 2008 LTZ, there are two footwell lights, 3 in the cabin light that can be replaced. There is nothing in the glovebox or in the rear passenger floor.

As for your rear view mirror, there are two kinds of mirrors that I've encountered on the Impalas. One with replaceable incandescent bulbs, and one (like mine) with LED bulbs in them already. I'll try to find a picture for you, but chances are if you can't get mirror light covers off it's probably LED.

Edit: Here's the link to a post where I showed the picture, and the discussion about the two different mirrors starts at post #6559 if you scroll up. https://www.impalaforums.com/recent-mods-weekly-updates/331373-what-did-you-do-to-your-impala-today-438.html#post3246434

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your 2007 SS is anything like my 2008 LTZ, there are two footwell lights, 3 in the cabin light that can be replaced. There is nothing in the glovebox or in the rear passenger floor.

As for your rear view mirror, there are two kinds of mirrors that I've encountered on the Impalas. One with replaceable incandescent bulbs, and one (like mine) with LED bulbs in them already. I'll try to find a picture for you, but chances are if you can't get mirror light covers off it's probably LED.

Edit: Here's the link to a post where I showed the picture, and the discussion about the two different mirrors starts at post #6559 if you scroll up. https://www.impalaforums.com/recent-mods-weekly-updates/331373-what-did-you-do-to-your-impala-today-438.html#post3246434

Hope this helps!
Thanks - You didn't happen to replace the visor mirror lights did you (4 total, 2 each side)? Any suggestions for the correct LED replacement or how to get one out (they're slippery little things)?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I never replaced those lights. I don't ever use them lol. But I believe they're type 37 bulbs.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't know what GM has clanged in the Impala years but my 13 uses T10's for side marker on rear and front, foot well courtesy, cargo, and dashboard illumination I believe. The map lights are useless for anything other then reading maps, when you update the cabin light to led of course. I have 42 Ice blue mm leds for the cabin, ice blue for all other interior lighting, but I've changed the tail lights to the Spyder bar-style leds. Looking to upgrade to the Spec-D led headlamps too but I don't have the money, and I don't know if I want CCFL Halos instead. The link is to cheap cabin dome leds if you need one, I think it should be the same knowing GM.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYQERE5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never replaced those lights. I don't ever use them lol. But I believe they're type 37 bulbs.

Hope this helps!
Thanks again for the info.. I ended up ordering these little leds from amazon to replace lights in the visors

I also replaced the back up bulbs w/ these from amazon - OMG are they bright!!

Question - What are people using for LED replacements for the break lights?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts