Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2007 Impala has a factory installed XM radio. While this is not a standard feature for the 2007 Impala LT, my understanding is that it only needed a software activation key to enable XM and allow me to register the radio. I have gone to 2 dealers to try to get this enabled. The first (who delivered this company car) told me all I had to do was tune to channel 1 to get the radio ID. I explained that the XM feature was no enabled. After going to each department by phone, they said they would get back to me. Nothing yet. I stopped at a local Chevy dealer and made the same inquiry. They sent me to the accessories guy who told me I needed a module. I bought the module, took it home and discovered it was an Ipod control dock. Nice but not what I wanted. The instructions state the dealer must use the Tech 2 program tool to enable the "digital radio reciever". I called the dealer and no one seems to have done this before. Does anyone know how this should work?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does your car have an XM antenna? Have you seen the back of the radio to see if it has a connection for XM? It will if the XM is built in to the unit. It's a little square connector with a round pin.

By the way, I installed the first XM car system in Los Angeles, so possibly, the United States.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stumbled on while looking for a solution to a similar problem that I have. I own a Canadian impala 2002 car that I moved to the US and I want to enable the XM digital recover on the factory radio. Manual read its enabled from the Band button but in the US only.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah i went to a dealership where i bought my 2013 LT. Apparently it came with everything (onstar, hands free calling) but no XM but yet i go to the right side of my trunk to find what i believe is the XM Radio reciever plug/box. Im sure i have it, the damn dealer kept talking to me like i was stupid...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts