Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
New on here. Just purchased a beautiful 2007 SS with just over 100,000 miles on it. Had the tranny flushed, plugs and wires changed, added new tires and camber bolts on all 4 corners. Problem I am having is from about 10-15 mph when floored the engine cuts out at between 3500-4500 rpm and comes right back. Traction control is off. No engine lights on. At first I thought fuel pump, but it doesn't lag, it just cuts right out like electrical. It isn't out for even a second, but is very noticeable. Any ideas? I really like this car.

Thanks,

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
has it throw a code, check to see if one is there
Was it doing this before plugs and new wires?
If no check them, if it was doing this check coil packs, make sure coil pack terminals are clean and apply some dielectric grease.
Does it cut out if you are doing 45mph and punch it? check cat or MAF, air filter

I am sure others will chime in also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no codes yet. Noticed it one other time before the plugs and wires. It was wet and icy here so I thought it was the traction control. Turned off the traction control tonight and noticed it. From 45mph up it doesn't do it, only rolling start. New air filter, will check MAF. Seems to load up a little in city driving in 4 cyl mode.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Tdzimmer70, congratulations on your Impala! I'm sorry you've been experiencing these frustrations, and please send me a private message anytime if you would like me to look into your concerns further (check for recalls, schedule a dealer appointment, etc.). I realize you're likely seeking DIY advice from other owners, but I just wanted to let you know I'm available if you would ever like additional assistance.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Katie,
My father was a GM Certified mechanic for 30 years, so we do most ourselves except for the electronics. Appreciate the help,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts