Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, newbie here looking for a little insight if anyone can offer any help.

I have a 2007 Impala, yesterday the hood open light came on. I checked the hood, opened and closed it several times then the light went off. This morning the security alarm started for no apparent reason, my wife does not think she accidently hit the panic button or anything. Now the hood open light is back on again. I cleaned the sensor with electrical contact cleaner, light still on, I then lubricated it with lithium grease, light still on, I then disconnected the sensor from the wiring harness, light still on. Finally I plugged it back in, shut the hood, started the car, now the hood open light is out, but my tire pressure monitors are blank, my trips were back to zero, and the engine oil life system went down to 20%, was at 90%.

Any ideas at all?
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
From both discriptoins I would let the dealer look into the electrial wiring harness for this problem. May have a faulty Body Control Module or even a ground wire issue. This car will have several grounding points on the body.

This car is still under warranty? If so then the dealer can trace out the problem at no charge to you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have had one instance where the hood ajar switch was bad, but I would also get the battery checked. Because low batteries are known for making your car do some funky things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately no the car is like 325 miles out of warranty. I will have the battery tested and see if there is anything there that might have caused this. So far so good though, it's still working.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hydroplaned on the ice (yes we had snow in Houston) and ran into the back of a blazer, n e way when i replaced the hood, the hood light stays on and now my remote start wont work...WTF do i do?!?!?!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts