Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I just bought a used 2007 Impala with 75k miles on it for my wife. I went over it carefully after asking the seller a lot of questions and thought I made a good purchase. On the second day of driving I noticed the transmission slipped and jerked a bit when I was curving right on a freeway onramp and now I can recreate the slip/jerk at speeds above 20 MPH depending on how much gas I apply. It doesn't happen every time and accelerates fine from a stop. There are no engine lights on but I hooked up my code reader anyways and am reading P0843 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'A' Circuit High. It's the only code that is stored. If I accelerate gently the car is nice and smooth all the way up to freeway speeds, issues only come up if kind of slam the gas.

I've read up on some of the common tranny solenoids that fail and I have enough shady-tree mechanic in me to swap them out at home, but I wanted to know if anybody here could shed some more info on the error code before I commit to a 12 hour repair. I've owned many rear wheel drive GM vehicles over the year but this is my first FWD.

Thank you,
Rocky

·
Registered
304 Posts
How does the transmission fluid look that is in the car? dirty or contaminated fluid can effect fluid pressure. If fluid looks old or dirty change it and flush the lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The person I bought it from mentioned the transmission was just serviced, and the fluid looks very clean and not dark at all. I am leaning towards swapping the solenoids that are found under the side cover but it would be nice to know if I'm on the right track.

The car shifts very smoothly from stop to highway speeds and even in city driving if I'm easy on the gas. It only seems to slip when I'm a little heavier on the gad pedal or making a turn and accelerating while doing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts