Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 impala with the 3.5L flex fuel engine. 180,000 miles. The low oil pressure warning has been intermittently coming on and off. I have changed the oil pressure sensor, inspected the wiring and plug, changed to ACDelco filter, heavier weight oil, all the common fixes for others with this problem on the forum. I have been noticing it comes on with the alt has a load on it, I.e. when the window is rolled up and continue to hold the switch up, or operating the wipers and pump, will cause it to kick this warning almost every time. Then I had a “separate,” but possibly related issue. I lost tachometer function and engine ran like shit, and would sometimes die. Code came back for a low sensor voltage. After research decided it was likely a bad crank sensor, replaced that, tach working again and engine running great, but low oil pressure warning came back. Could I have an intermittent low sensor voltage causing sensors to prematurely fail? Has anyone experienced similar problems? Does anyone have a link to a schematic for the engine harness they could share?

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts