Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening everybody,

yesterday i had to replace the low bean bulb on my driver side headlight. After installation and all i quickly realized that the driver side headlight was aiming high and the passenger side seem to be aligned.

I dont know how to align it properly, anyone have any information on this?

I did bunch of searches on google and here but nothing for 2006 and up alignments on headlights.

Thanks in advance!

I dont know if you guys can see that good, but i tried :\

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
lol, are you sure your car isn't at an angle? Anyway, the pic's fine. If the entire housing is installed properly, my guess would be that maybe when the bulb was put in, the socket wasn't installed properly and that's why. So, give those a try and let us know. As for me, that's all I could think of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah its leveled and not at an angle, where are the leveling screws btw? the housing should be fine i didnt couldnt find any problems with it...

Edit: i was out there and found that screw on top, is that the leveling tab? if so i tried messing with that, but it didnt do anything...im confused?? any guess? also it seems the driver bulb is burning brighter, not cause its new or anything it wasnt like this earlier.

god wtffff! lool

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I am honestly lost. My 7 gen is held on by a tab and sliding locks. lol, this is above my paygrade. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha above my paygrade.... yeah probably, where's those headlight designer guys!

Ill try to mess around with it today to see what the deal is...

Btw to a thread mod, should my thread be in appearance? Or am I in the correct section?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Well, it's kind of a broad Q. I'm gonna throw it (Move it) into Automotive Discussion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem when I changed the low beam bulb. When I replaced the bulb, the internal bulb holder had snapped forward out of position. After I figured out what had happend, I pulled back on the bulb and everything snapped back into place. If this is what happend when you re-aim your low beam, your high beam will be aimed very low. Hope this helps, let us know. I'm curious!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ok, on the top of the headlight there's a silver/gray-ish looking thing(thats a technical term:lol:) that has a star pattern inside of a pentagon or hexagon, can't really remember off the top of my head. Well that star is what you need to turn either direction to make it go up or down. They sell a specific screw driver for it, but you should need it.

If you can't find it, I'll try to check this thread and if need be I'll go take a pic of what i'm talking about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good evening everybody,

yesterday i had to replace the low bean bulb on my driver side headlight. After installation and all i quickly realized that the driver side headlight was aiming high and the passenger side seem to be aligned.

I dont know how to align it properly, anyone have any information on this?

I did bunch of searches on google and here but nothing for 2006 and up alignments on headlights.

Thanks in advance!

I dont know if you guys can see that good, but i tried :\

I never had that problem when i took out the factory bulbs and put in Silverstar Ultras.. although I changed both of them at the same time, they both are at the same angle. If they're off, its very slightly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlight(Low Beam) not alignment after bulb replacement

I had the same problem when I changed the low beam bulb. When I replaced the bulb, the internal bulb holder had snapped forward out of position. After I figured out what had happend, I pulled back on the bulb and everything snapped back into place. If this is what happend when you re-aim your low beam, your high beam will be aimed very low. Hope this helps, let us know. I'm curious!
I believe this is my problem, too, I changed the low beam, and when I re-installed, the repaired light was projecting about a foot lower on my garage door than other side, I am not sure if I need to push it in or pull it out, but the way it is now, I cannot adjust the level, it just spins, any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Once when "moving" the bulbs from my factory headlights to a set of aftermarket headlights, I had a similar issue and it turned out that they bulb just wasn't seated properly... If the aim was OK before the bulb replacement, I wouldn't mess with the aiming screws - I'd take the bulb back out and try reinserting it - it may just be a physical installation type of issue...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts