Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello thanks for reading! I gotta beautiful 06 imp SS that I love and take such good care of! Anyways I think my 1200 amp and subs killed my battery. I took it to Sears and they tested the alternator battery and starter. alt and starter were good and they said my battery was shot. So i put in the most expensice optima, it was like 220 bucks yellow top. So they put that in and now it wont start at all!! It is sitting at sears now until they figure out what could be wrong. All the lights come on and gauges but when you go to to turn the key to start nothing, no clicking or nothing. Like i said headlights good gauges good door lock/unlock good, but the engine wont start! I seen some topics online and it looks like it could be sometype of passcode/lock issue. I dont know what to do, please help thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont own a 2006 SS but used to be a mechanic years ago

From what you desribe and the age of the car, I would put gud money on ur immobiliser has kicked in

The ECU on the car sounds like it wont let you send the electrical signal to the starter motor because it has detected that a new battery has been fitted which it's probaly interpreted as criminal behaviour therefore wont let the car start

My friend had a similar problem on a 2004 BMW when he changed his head unit. BMW had to be called out then and a tech wiv a laptop sorted it out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thank you, I will let the techs at Sears know that, I think they have a tool they shouldve connected so that my car had a little juice while they took the battery out so it didn't lose all it's internal memory, oh well. thanks for the help if anyone else has ideas thatd be appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
06IMPALA$$ was that this issue with this incident?

·
Registered
258 Posts
should of made a new post instead of ressurecting a dead one, but. One thing I gotta ask. Are you using your Original Key? or is it a duplicate? try your original factory key. and if you have the auto starter try it. it it fails. turn off your car. lock it, unlock, and put the key in to Accessory mode ON and give it a good 30 seconds. Then try cranking it again.

·
Registered
954 Posts
As imandyyornot suggested, a new thread topic may help generate more responses!

Ninfa, if you decide to explore the option of going to a dealership for service, please send me a direct message anytime for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts