1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like how clean the Monte front bumper looks.

If one did the front SS Monte lip, any ideas what can be done around the rest of the body?

I'd wondered if the Monte rear valence with exhaust tip cutouts would fit onto an Impala rear bumper if one started with an LS/LT bumper.

Also wondered if the 06-07 Special Edition Grand Prix skirt under the doors would be a fit.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I know that @donmateos post says "unpainted" above, but the Impala LTZ painted bumper cover is only $420 on his site, so I would think that $475 *is* for the painted Monte Carlo bumper... I can't imagine that an unpainted Monte Carlo bumper would be more than an paint LTZ cover - or is it??

Unfortunately, I didn't see the Monte Carlo bumper on his site to confirm...

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
That is unpainted. The Monte Carlo was only made from 2006-2007 so the parts are a lot more expensive. The Impala, in contrast was made from 2006-2013 as a consumer vehicle, but 2016 or so as a Limited Fleet model. That's the reason the Impala bumper is so much cheaper. The Monte Carlo bumper retail price is $576 + Shipping.

Edit: Here's the listing on my site. $475 shipped in the lower 48.

http://www.basilonestopshop.com/store/c111/Replacement_Parts.html

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Is that painted don?
I know that @donmateos post says "unpainted" above, but the Impala LTZ painted bumper cover is only $420 on his site, so I would think that $475 *is* for the painted Monte Carlo bumper... I can't imagine that an unpainted Monte Carlo bumper would be more than an paint LTZ cover - or is it??

Unfortunately, I didn't see the Monte Carlo bumper on his site to confirm...
Ohh, I get it....I was just razzing you because I thought you read his post too quick...very valid question though. Don's explanation seems reasonable too. Love the Monte look, but that a LOT of money even if its a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I like how clean the Monte front bumper looks.

If one did the front SS Monte lip, any ideas what can be done around the rest of the body?

I'd wondered if the Monte rear valence with exhaust tip cutouts would fit onto an Impala rear bumper if one started with an LS/LT bumper.

Also wondered if the 06-07 Special Edition Grand Prix skirt under the doors would be a fit.
Will, I know there's some body kits available for the Monte that go all the way around. I think the Impala has a different rear than the Monte, though the front is a direct swap. Could not speak to the GP skirts, though. I'd imagine they would be similar size, though.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Ohh, I get it....I was just razzing you because I thought you read his post too quick...very valid question though. Don's explanation seems reasonable too. Love the Monte look, but that a LOT of money even if its a good deal.
Actually, it wasn't even my post that you responded to - was just kinda of curious myself! :)

And yes, that is a LOT of money for an unpainted bumper cover that isn't *that* different! Not saying that Don's price is high, just that it's obviously a very expensive part...

Thanks for the clarification @donmateo!

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
If I had control over parts prices, you guys wouldn't be paying so much. haha Unfortunately, I do not. I am happy to work a little with people on prices, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts