Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am thinking about buying a 3.9 LT (3LT) It has the same wheels and tires as my LTZ. I was wondering if the suspension was the same between these two cars or if the LTZ has a upgraded/performance suspension? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
To ebby69k

Check the sticker with your vehicles' RPO codes (white sticker with black text, should be located in the trunk, driver's side under the carpeted spare tire cover). If not there, then look in the glove box. Look for one of the three following codes: FE1, FE2, or FE3. RPO FE1 is the base suspension, FE2 is mid-tier, and FE3 is the top sport suspension. I have an '06 LT 3.9 with all the LTZ options except for the upgraded wheels. My suspension is FE1 so I am definitely upgrading sway bars, STBs, and rear trailing arms to start. Future mods will be struts and polyurethane control arm bushings (if they ever make them). If you make any upgrades, post results/pictures. Good luck with your ride!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
And for those just dying for an answer for the past 4 years, FE3 is on SS and LTZ.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thank you, I can rest easier now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was happy with the new info, I have an LTZ and I was wondering how it worked

·
Registered
28 Posts
A small oversight for me not scrutinizing the post date more closely. My bad. It does amaze me, however, that certain people, with the expception of TSS came out of the woodwork to reply to this obviously outdated thread with worthless drivel. Now I know why certain individuals have so many posts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts