Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on, just joined the forum today, looking for a sticky or DIY on removing the 4T65E-HD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Step 1: Jack up car
Step 2: Remove Trans.
Step 3: Replace Trans.
Step 4: Lower car.

No but seriously its just like every other transverse mounted vehicle. You just have to remove stuff until you can get to the bolts that you need to get to.

Pro tip, the cooler lines are quite the cunt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yea I figured that... I've done a ton of engine and trans jobs even just engine jobs.... But never dropped a trans by itself.... Just a lil history, last week fluid was pouring out my trans. Wasn't sure if it was a line or not so when it stopped I wiped everything clean and filled it up. Cone to find out its leaking from where the torque converter is... So I'm assuming its the front seal... I'm trying to lower the trans while doing the least amount of work lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Recently... I posted a set of videos on how to change the control solenoids. Most of the broad strokes should be similar.

You should build or buy a FWD hanger for the engine so it has some support on the tranny end without the tranny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I'm getting ready to put the trans back in...... I replaced the front seal because that's what I believe is the issue.... Any other possible issues or parts I should check or replace before putting it back in???

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
If it was me I would put a transgo shift kit in there as well as a replace the solenoids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If it was me I would put a transgo shift kit in there as well as a replace the solenoids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All four solenoids should be high on your list along with the valve body channel plate / gasket.
I'd replace the torque converter too.
Tranny - Solenoids videos with some part #s

Do the magnet TSB and put a real Magefine filter in the cooler return line.
Magnet TSB
Magnefine filter howto install and recognize counterfiets.

My Droid from orbit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out my torque converter is blue, fluid looks great. Shop believes trans has been rebuilt with a new converter. :neutral_face:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey so was the front seal the problem? My ss started leaking fluid through the converter last night and doing some research on what the problem may be thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey so was the front seal the problem? My ss started leaking fluid through the converter last night and doing some research on what the problem may be thanks!
So did the Torque converter seal fix problem????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts