Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched the forums there isn't really a thread with all the information I need, just bits and pieces. I am ordering Flowmaster Super 44's.

I know already its 2.25" offset in and offset out. But is it offset in/out same side or opposite? I haven't found that information anywhere yet.

Anybody put these have shed some light?

Better yet, a part number would help immensely!

Any help is appreciated!

·
Banned
351 Posts
Im pretty sure one is offset and one is center...

Update... DEFINITLEY offset in, center out (according to my magnaflows)...

I know we spoke via PM about this, but I really would reconsider magnaflow instead of flowmaster... I personally feel that magnaflow is a better, quality made muffler that consists of more than just baffling inside. If only I could show you a pic of the INSIDE of the muffle you would see what Im talking about. The sound is simply more refined.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to the shop, and he said they were both offset? and thats what I heard over on LS1tech forum.

I've watched the videos on youtube...the Magnaflows just dont seem to be that loud. Idk...I agree they are better made(stainless!) but the whole point of me doing it is the sound and the Magnaflow just doesn't suit my taste.

Anybody with Flowmasters chime in?

·
Banned
351 Posts
Ben2007SS has a video post somewhere on here of his magnaflow set up... its basically a muffler and resonator swap, all magnaflow. if you do not think that it is loud, then you are simply driving the wrong car. The resonator swap makes a big impact, but to be honest my mufflers are plenty loud for most people.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ben's did sound nice. But there was a clip on youtube of a guy with Flowmaster 44's no resonator, and tune...and it just sounded perfect..had a dyno vid too. Think his name was Beznich?

·
Banned
351 Posts
If you heard it and it is the sound you are going for then you are right... go with those.

But my mufflers are offset/center. There is actually a thread in 8th gen engine performance that mentions the same offset setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought I read somewhere the Magnaflows could be flipped? I may be totally wrong? Lol right now Im trying to track someone down that has the 44's on there already so they can just tell me the part number and I can rest my mind.

I really wish the Flowmasters had the build setup of the magnaflows they'd be perfect!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alrite, luckily a good chap at LS1 tech posted a picture underneath his car. His was definitely offset/offset. So i know it works! lol

Thanks for the help boys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 07 ss and I put flowmaster 40's on it they were offset in center out. I work at a midas shop and it took a litte bit of work to get them in. I had to cut the inlet of the muffler down in order to get it to fit. I did away with the resonator replaced with 3" pipe. The sound lets you know it a V8 under the hood but its not obnoxious. As a rule of thumb if you want louder sound move the muffler twords the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts