Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am new here and not sure where to find the answer to my question. I have just purchased a 2006 Impala SS and would like to change the exhaust system soon but for now, I would just like to install new exhaust tips. What size inlet do I need? I would like to do a 3 1/2" or 4" outlet. If anybody could reply and assist, it would be greatly appreciated as I am quite anxious to do this. I have painted the exhaust pipes and mufflers with high heat bbq balck paint and I think changing the tips will suffice for now. Black paint made a huge difference as the stock mufflers and piping were not very nice to see.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Leafsfan

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hello and welcome! I assume you're bumping an old thread because you'd like a response :p

On my 2008 3.9, I used Dynomax tips. They are 2.5" to 3" tip, and I think it looks absolutely fantastic. In my personal opinion 3" is excellent, but to each their own.

To answer your question, the stock exhaust on the 3.9 has a 2.25" outlet, which I believe is the same as the 5.3 SS. The Dynomax I used has a 2.5" inlet, so it's a little large. But I was going to get it welded on anyway, so it really didn't matter to me. I believe the part number (if you were interested) is the Dynomax 36484.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts