Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my washer fluid might have frozen up due to the cold temps (even though I have always used the regular washer fluid, never water) I did add de-icer fluid and a bottle of heet plus the temp got over 40 one day so I thought that would have helped.

Anyway, I don't even hear the pump going. So, either there's frozen fluid in the pump, or it is bad, or has a blown fuse. I checked the manual and don't see the washer pump listed for a fuse. Does anyone know which fuse the washer pump is on?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I'll answer my own question.

The fluid was not frozen and it was a bad fuse. Despite what the dealer said about the fuse for the washer fluid pump being on the same fuse as the wipers, I took a better look...

There was a fuse under the hood called "WSR" I pulled the fuse and sure enough, it was blown. I replaced it and I'm back in business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with mine, I can not find this fuse that you found though, I did find a WSW and a WPR which are both fine. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I am having the same problem with mine, I can not find this fuse that you found though, I did find a WSW and a WPR which are both fine. Any suggestions?
The WSW may stand for Wind Shield Washer. Pull the connector off of the washer motor and test for power and ground, if there then replace the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts