Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster, thanks in advance for your help.

2006 Impala LT 3.5L Sedan 100k having various but I believe related electrical issues.

Speedometer, fuel mileage, odometer, PRNDL, and MIL non-functional. Tach, fuel, volts and temp gauges all working fine. Showing one code, P0650 and keeps coming back when cleared.

Air bag and ABS lights are on. Power door locks unlock but do not lock.

Have changed cluster three times now, via a rebuilder in US, trying to get the correct working one for the car. Now defiantly have the correct unit. Changed the VSS and no change. Checked connectors at back of cluster, PCM and TCM. Checked for bent pins and corrosion, none. Grounds all appear to be in good condition unless there is a well hidden one I am unaware of. Fuses are all checked and none blown. Checked connector at top of transmission for issues, none. Noted no PNRDL switch on top of transmission. Removed battery neg and replaced.

I am running out of ideas on this one, so many issues I not sure where to begin with my investigation.

·
Registered
588 Posts
First Welcome to the Forum and Sorry your having issues with your Impala...

Sadly from what it sounds like you have done loads of testing. I am not 100% on this but almost sounds like your issue maybe with your BCM... IF you have a OBDII system reader and one that is on par with some more then just can read code. I would go into your BCM and have your scanner work different parts of your BCM and check that everything is on par...

If you don't have the ability to check the BCM for Function then you may want to find a shop that does have the ability to run some test to see if it is for sure your BCM. I would hate to say that it is and have you replace it to find out that it wasn't the issue. However from the Testing as you have posted and everything looking good on ways of Connections and no shorts it almost sounds like BCM related issue...

I would Take all the Connectors out of your BCM and plug them in and take them out a few times to make sure they were making good conenction before BCM is found at fault as well...
James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response,

is there only one BCM on the 2006, in drivers kick space?

Are the speedometer and air bags controlled through the BCM? I will certainly have a look at it shortly to see if there are any bad connections.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would also check all the grounds that go to the bcm. Bcm does control the cluster and other parts of the car. Don't want to say srs is only from bcm there is another computer for that. However there are commands between all the computers and it may be related. There should be one bcm in drivers kick. There are a few connectors connected to it. At times it can get bad connection due to moist air. Why taking then out and in a few times may help. It won't be loose just something that has helped others in past. My last post says OBDI sorry don't know why I know it's OBD II system. Sorry for misprint.

Keep us posted
James

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts