Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Impala the drivers side seat is stuck almost all the way back. It will not move forward or back. The motor tries to move but looks like the track or something broke. I bought a replacement seat. But now the issue is that we cannot get to the back 2 nuts/bolts to remove the seat. The seat is the most basic for this model.

Has any body experience this issue before on any vehicle. How can we get to those bolts with out taking a chainsaw to the seat. We have tried everything. Need so thought on this. Please help.

Any chevy mechanics that have had to do repairs on these seat, any thought would be greatly appreciated.

I could not find any topic related to this.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
2006 Impala the drivers side seat is stuck almost all the way back. It will not move forward or back. The motor tries to move but looks like the track or something broke. I bought a replacement seat. But now the issue is that we cannot get to the back 2 nuts/bolts to remove the seat. The seat is the most basic for this model.

Has any body experience this issue before on any vehicle. How can we get to those bolts with out taking a chainsaw to the seat. We have tried everything. Need so thought on this. Please help.

Any chevy mechanics that have had to do repairs on these seat, any thought would be greatly appreciated.

I could not find any topic related to this.

Is the problem that the two bolts at the rear are stuck, and cannot be removed - or that you cannot access the bolts from at the rear due to clearance issues?

The seats are removed by removing the two rearward bolts, then tipping the seat forward, and sliding the seat rearward to release the two front tabs that insert under brackets.

If I recall correctly, the bolt ends underneath the car are exposed. Could you spray them liberally with rust penetrant?

Also - check the seat tracks closely, using a flashlight. It is common for an object (such as a coin) to get lodged in the seat track, preventing the seat from moving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coupe the issue is the cannot access the bolts from at the rear due to clearance issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the problem that the two bolts at the rear are stuck, and cannot be removed - or that you cannot access the bolts from at the rear due to clearance issues?

The seats are removed by removing the two rearward bolts, then tipping the seat forward, and sliding the seat rearward to release the two front tabs that insert under brackets.

If I recall correctly, the bolt ends underneath the car are exposed. Could you spray them liberally with rust penetrant?

Also - check the seat tracks closely, using a flashlight. It is common for an object (such as a coin) to get lodged in the seat track, preventing the seat from moving.
Coupe the issue is "cannot access the bolts from at the rear due to clearance issues."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts