Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have tried looking up the error online and could not find anything. I have replaced the battery. I took it to autozone to be tested and the said the alternator, battery, and starter are good. I replaced the alternator just in case, and nothing changed. I have reset the computer by leaving the battery disconnected for an extended amount of time. Does anyone have any idea of how to go about resolving this issue?

Update: It turns out there was a wire that was not plugged in close to where the positive cable connects to the terminals. The battery icon and message did not disappear right away. It took a couple of hours. I had assumed that plug was from a modded sound system from the previous owner and previously did not notice the loose wire.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
congrats on resolving the issue. thanks for letting us know what you found! stick around and post in the member introductions with pics of your Impala.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello everyone,

I have tried looking up the error online and could not find anything. I have replaced the battery. I took it to autozone to be tested and the said the alternator, battery, and starter are good. I replaced the alternator just in case, and nothing changed. I have reset the computer by leaving the battery disconnected for an extended amount of time. Does anyone have any idea of how to go about resolving this issue?
http://tradevenue.se/
Update: It turns out there was a wire that was not plugged in close to where the positive cable connects to the terminals. The battery icon and message did not disappear right away. It took a couple of hours. I had assumed that plug was from a modded sound system from the previous owner and previously did not notice the loose wire.

Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts