Impala Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is your car a 2006 Impala? If so it does indicate that it has a different purge solenoid valve assembly than a 2007 up. I would see if it is located in the rear by the gas filler just inside the fender - viewable from under car looking up by gas filler tube. If it is than I'd check it out and match it up with what's offered at a dealer than order cheaper online. Mine came out of a 2007 Impala 3.5 and was not hard to change - about 20 minutes. Yours may be different. If so ask the question on this forum and I'm sure someone else has had the same problem. Hope that helps.:WTF:
thank you for the reply, i will check it out and compare. thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fwiw, my step mom has had a cel p0442 in her 07' 3.5l on for the past 6 months and I finally decided to dig in today after some research on here. I ended up removing the Vent valve assembly by the filler and taking it apart (Easy). Cleaned out the canister and sprayed some lube inside the actual valve portion after reading about retiredpauly 's success. After about 10 minutes @ idle the light disappeared! It worked!! I'll give it some time but so far so good.

Just wanted the thank this forum once again. :)

41 - 42 of 42 Posts