Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soo where should I start.. started having starter problems one day went to store on break came out care was making click noise when I tried to crank it so I put a new starter on and started getting problems with my battery the charging system and battery light came on got a new battery and alternator but the light still is on and the alternator isn't charging the battery for some reason

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
check the battery cables for corrosion, if you have corrosion in the battery terminals or cable then you may not be getting a good connection thus not getting the charge to the battery. (battery/alternator test at parts store is always a good start, plus they're usually free).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input btw I got battery and alternator checked they both were good I did see corrosion on the battery cables so I'm going to clean them real good and see what we got

·
Super Moderator
18,447 Posts
Welcome! :beer: And git us some pics!:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check as stated both the ends of the cables- ground and positive going to the battery and off to the engine. If the alternator tests, and the battery is charged and tested good after replacement, then the only other issue could be a short somewhere in the electrical system. Also check your fuses as they are easy to see if one is blown or something.

If it was not even clicking and sounding like it was weak battery or starter, then I would also make sure the car is fully in park. Sometimes if it is out of the park (even just the slightest bit) then the starter or anything will work (but no clicking sound either just dead). Take car and put it into another gear and back to park and try again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts