Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
attempting to swap 2006 front brake caliper/bracket and hose over to the 2005 Impala. using 2005 impala rotor and brake hard line.

Cannot seem to get 2005 hard line male fitting to thread onto the 2006 hose.

Can anyone tell me what the male fitting PN# is for the 2006 front brake line to hose? I wonder if it is full thread rather than like the 2005 (smooth for like 1/4 inch then starts thread). I didn't look too closely when pulling off a junkyard donor car.

Notice the 2005 female fitting does not have a "cone" while the 2006 does. The 2005 is also about .390" depth from start of thread to where the flare end will contact. The 2006 is about .275", which would explain the difficulty. I suppose not enough thread to thread into. So, is my only option here to try and pull the entire brake line off a 2006-2011? How hard is that?

or is there a brake hose I can buy that will be fit correctly on the caliper and on the fitting? seems it'd be difficult to cut off a small portion, put correct fitting, then re-flare. Simply not enough length of the hard line to do that. Can i just use the 2005 brake hose? will it fit correctly on the 2006 caliper?

Doing this because Left front single piston caliper seized and heard the dual piston is an "upgrade" and nothing was mentioned about the difference in the brake fitting... :WTF:

I did the Tundra front caliper upgrade for my 3rd gen 4Runner a few months ago without a hitch...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or is it possible there may exist an adapter that would allow me to connect the hard line to the flex hose? (being cone type female fitting to the flare nut... will need to learn all the types)

Hmm... I'm going to research into that tonight. Hopefully someone can save me hours of looking at hydraulic fittings...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i learned the term for the 2005 nut is called a inverted flare PILOTED nut, which has the extra length of unthreaded portion.

I am thinking the 2006 is NOT a piloted nut, which makes it so i have nearly no thread to screw into. Can anyone confirm? I have not been able to find pictures or diagrams anywhere.

I am hoping to find an adapter that goes from the male inverted piloted nut (2005 hard line) to the non piloted (and coned) female hose fitting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts