Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car ran hot a few times, its a 2006 chevy impala LS with about 50k miles.I do alot of driving but never had a problem until now. I took it to get an oil change and they said that I need a new water pump. I really dont know what that means but im afraid to drive my car until i get a new pump. i called around a few auto places and no one has the part. I called the chevy dealer and they said part and labor is $600.

any suggestions of other places i can check for the part?
can i still drive my car in the mean time? is it safe?
are water pumps usually that expensive?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dealer is the last place to go sorry and no they are not that high call ever parts store and talk with any shop about repair dealer shoul dbe last place to call they wil be the highest.. really if the water pump is bad it will leak and you can see it.. id want another shop to check it for leaks no say its the water pump just go to any shop and ask to check the car out its been running hot and yo umight have a leak.. dont give them ideals.. 06 really shouldnt need one but it might be bad easy to check your self lay down and look under the front end you see water driping in the center of car its bad see no leaking drive to any shop asy to check car for over heating and let them look for leak

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer is the last place to go sorry and no they are not that high call ever parts store and talk with any shop about repair dealer shoul dbe last place to call they wil be the highest.. really if the water pump is bad it will leak and you can see it.. id want another shop to check it for leaks no say its the water pump just go to any shop and ask to check the car out its been running hot and yo umight have a leak.. dont give them ideals.. 06 really shouldnt need one but it might be bad easy to check your self lay down and look under the front end you see water driping in the center of car its bad see no leaking drive to any shop asy to check car for over heating and let them look for leak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts