Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I realized this specific model is a little more complicated than the other 2006 Impalas it took me a while to figure out the easiest way and finally figured it out myself so anyone who needs help listen up!
The knock sensor for bank 2 if you're facing the front of the vehicle located to the right above the oil filter its a pain to get to but if you remove the 3 bolts holding the plastic covering to the car on the bottom you can get a ratchet and a long socket extension up there I used 2 different 13mm sockets, I recommend breaking it with a 13mm crows foot and then using the 13mm standard socket with a swivel extension to loosen it enough to stick your hand up there and finish the job and you do have to lift the vehicle and I highly recommend a jack stand. once its out use your hand to guide the new sensor into the hole and start it with fingers as normal and get it in tight then take off the swivel extension and start off by putting the extension on the bolt by hand then reach the long socket extension in there and connect the extension to the swivel extension while its already on the knock sensor bolt and tighten it if you have a small torque wrench use that and tighten to 7 foot pounds i believe? anyway fixed my issue hope to help anyone else who was stumped like me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts