Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So come June of 2010 my parents are buying me a new car for my graduation. The price needs to be within $20,000. I've looked at a lot of cars lately, and one that pops out seems to be the Impala SS. I'm not looking for all the features and what-not. This car seems to provide power while still maintaing decent gas. Plus the leather option always makes me happy. Any reason why I shouldn't consider having this kind of car..?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dad has a red 07 Impala LS, fully loaded but we paid 32,995 for it before taxes here in Canada I dought u will get one for 20,000 but it's sweet

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
you can find an 06 SS around $20k here, but it will have high milage.
Nice cars, roomy interior, depends on how concerned you are about the gas milage...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I Could I Would Buy Another 06 Ss.i Love The Power It Had Right Out Of The Box.but Chevy Doesn't Offer The Color I Had In The New Impala Ss.i Had The Limited Edition Laser Blue That Was Only For 06 Impala Ss.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I would recommend one. I just bought my 06' SS with 20k on it Gm Certified for 13,900. I wanted a Mustang but living in Chicago it just wasn't practical, I always loved the SS but they were usually expensive. I found this one, was in great shape, loved the LS4, I was sold.

Really roomy, really classy, fast, insurance is cheaper than my Cobalt, SS badge earns respect. LOVE IT!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Absolutely

I have had my 07 SS for 2 years now and I love it. Got it in the Laser Blue that the don't offer anymore with all the options and black interior. Had the windows all tinted to 20% the day after i took delivery. Never had a problem with the car, just normal oil and filter changes so far.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I got mine in Jan. of 07 with 54miles on it(not too happy bout that). Now ive got about 45000 and I've never looked back. Mines loaded, black on black, sunroof, heated seats. Its great especially for all 3 cold days here in Texas!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
get a 96 ss u wont regret it but your rear tires might lmao :biggrin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an 08 SS with over 36k miles on it. Bought it new and plan on driving it to 200k. These cars are a steal on the resale side. Write the check and buy one!! Most fun you can have for the dollar plus you can carry people and luggage too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ya the 08 ss has 303hp well and the 96 has 260hp the 96 runs 15.6 the 08 runs 14.2. stock for stock the 08 is a better buy!!!!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Ya the 08 ss has 303hp well and the 96 has 260hp the 96 runs 15.6 the 08 runs 14.2. stock for stock the 08 is a better buy!!!!

numbers are over rated, if you wanna get into it..... the newer cars are nothing compared to the last generation of GM's last real american car which is what we have....the 94-96 B-Body. Our cars are cheaper to maintain and do not break as much as these newer cars they slap a GM emblem onto, our cars have REAL STEEL BUMPERS that actually PROTECT YOU AND THE CAR and do not crumble after a 2 mph parking lot bump.

Our cars do not have some POS engine sitting sideways dreaming of having a vtec emblem and lambo doors with blue neon everywhere.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
As an owner of both cars I must say the new Impala SS is nicer overall. The 94-96 had more of a muscle car feel.

So what exactly should A impala SS feel like if not a muscle car? Just because the newer cars are wrongfully labeled Impala SS does not make them Impala SS.

Having driven both too many times to count, and seeing more than any dealership, thats MY take on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
06ss

I have a 06 SS that I bought last year at this time with 27,000 miles on it for $16,000 I think they are alot of car for the money and you save big bye getting it used. My car has been great. The 94-96 cars are also nice cars but I would not use it as a every day car. Living in MA. I would garage a car like this for the winter. The 94-96 cars do have better performance potential if you are into hot rodding.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bates is right about the upkeep being easier on the b-bodys but it all comes down to price for you. Not sure how much the b-bodys are there but here they were really over priced for them. I originally wanted a 96 but $25000 for a car with 120k miles not worth it when I got my 07 for $26k with 54miles on it. I say drive em both, see which one fits.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts