Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was parking my car the other day and I ran into a huge chunk of ice that cracked/chipped my front bumper trim on my 05 ss. there's a nice chunck of paint missing but it seems like it went pretty deep and got into the fiberglass or something. I am not very good with this stuff. I called my local collission shop and they said the part was $500 - online I found what seems to be it for about $100. My questions are should i replace it or just use touch up paint? Below is the link to the part online. I called this place and the guy assured me that it would fit an SS even though it says LS. Has anyone had to this before? Is it easy to install? Please, I need help!

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QQC015902.html

Also, the rectangle in the front that says "Impala" is loose. the bottom portion is flapping. Can you just glue it back on?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 SS bumper trim

afaik the LS and SS fronts are the same, the difference between those and the base are the foglight cutouts.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...QReplacementQQBumperQQ20002005QQC010314P.html
the part i show is $220 unpainted, make sure the $500 didnt inslude the paint and labor, if it did go with the shop's price, it will cost you atleast that to get it painted...
So, you think I would have to get the entire bumper replaced instead of just the trim? The one you show is the entire bumper. Do you think I'd be better off using the collision shop insead of the buying the trim i posted and painting and installing it myself?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
the link you have just sends me to the main page, so i was just guessing @ the damage.. any pics?
Unless you have sprayed before, or know what you're doing I'd recommend using a shop to paint it so that it looks right/matches..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the link you have just sends me to the main page, so i was just guessing @ the damage.. any pics?
Unless you have sprayed before, or know what you're doing I'd recommend using a shop to paint it so that it looks right/matches..
No pic of my car. I can probably get one on here tomorrow. Here's a pick of the trim i was thinking of buying online for $100 - but then i would have to paint and install myself. When i called Cust Serv for this website 1 guy said it would fit an SS and the other guy said it was for LS. So, not sure on that either. Maybe I can call another shop and try to talk them down. It's so annoying to look at i need to get this fixed.

Also, the bottom part of the "impala" rectangle sign on the front has popped off so its just staying on becuase the top part is still connected. You think i could just glue that on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts