Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these good cars? They have big engines in them and have a lot of horse power but are they reliable?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
there extremely powerful and i like them :biggrin:

·
Registered
184 Posts
They have a big powerful engine, but it's essentially the same as the Motors from the 50's. It'll run for 300k miles if you take car of it.

Excellent car. Definitely will be more reliable than many other cars on the market.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet, i wanna get an 2006 gto, i thought they just made them to '05 but '06 was the last year

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, they planned on only doing it for 3 years, 04, 05 and 06 but apparently they didnt sell very good, i don't know why they didnt, i would love a 6.0 Litre V8 in a car

·
Registered
657 Posts
those things are sick. i absolutely love them. i fear that the G8 will suffer the same fate. :frown:

·
Registered
117 Posts
those things are sick. i absolutely love them. i fear that the G8 will suffer the same fate. :frown:
Yeah, i fear the same thing. The GTO didnt have a chance from the get go. Look back in the late 60's, the GTO was one of if not THE sickest, the most aggresive looking muscle car you could find. All those cars it was beating in looks now, have maintained that aggressive sport and muscle look, when Pontiac came out with this as a concept back in the early 2000's, idk what they were thinking.

It just was not aggresive looking or muscular enough to survive rolling with the big boys again, It still held true to its name by having one of the largest engines in its class though :cool: lol.

I'm sure if they designed it to have some same looks as the classic gto's, then it wouldve done better. sad sight to see it end production.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would trade my impala with never ending problems on it for a GTO in a heart beat if i could afford it lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know quite a few people in my area that have them and love them! Great cars, lots of power from the factory, and is very reliable.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yup.

They just look like the new Grand Am or something... :rolleyes:

But, I'd still own one.

I'd find a way to make it a bit more unique! :wink:
lol i always thought they looked like a bigger sunfire!! the 6.0 is a beast i would def fly around town in one!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Guess no one has heard.....they have a major factory issue since new. The rear suspension was poorly built and it would destroy the inside of the rear tires within a few hundred miles if not sooner. We saw a few here straight from the dealer as our customers that bought them wanted to look under and get ideas for mods......thats when we noticed the problem. The dealers kept replacing tires rather than fix the problem.

After a few sets and calls to GM higher ups, they supposedly sent a couple of GM engineers to see what the big deal was about. GM ended up purchasing some adjustable rear control arms to fix the problem. Other than that, its a bad ass car, too bad it looks like a honda.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
+2 on the honda on steroids its like the miata and the viper lmao:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts