Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Impala with 123,xxx miles, that until now has not givin me any problems. Just recently it started shifting hard on first, and lagging on other shifts. What would be the best advice, rebuild transmission. If so how much do parts cost. Also check engine light does not come on, Just did a full tranny flush about 15,xxx miles ago. Only other problem that started around the same time is whining while idling, seems to be coming from the pulleys.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
1. Not surprised. You have been letting the car overheat for a month, hitting red at times according to the other thread you started. Heat is an enemy to your tranny, among other things.

2. Don't get a tranny flush again, get a fluid change and filter change. Likely not the cause of your tranny problem, but just future advice.

3. Rebuild probably best , but don't even think about doing it until you get the overheating radiator issue resolved.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the thread in diy for replacing all 4 solenoids. Does anybody know if that would fix the problem I have with my Transmission.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Unless you are getting a check engine light with tranny codes, probably not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts