Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I started my car and it started shaking, shaked for about 5-10 sec. Then it idled normally afterwards. The shaking was a little more violently than normal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I believe he said when he started it first thing in the morning.

It could be a bunch of things. Did your engine light come on? If it flashed a few times and went of it would have been a misfire. Did it do it more than once after that first time. The more info you give us the better we can help. And didnt you also just do your intake gasket as well? Might also have a vac leak somewhere as well. Hard to say. Need more info.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I missed that. Is that the only time, though? He says when it's idling, but it does it happen at other times is what we need to know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it only did it this morning when i first started it. It did for like 10 sec then it went into normal idling. No I did not just replace the intake gasket. I did replace radiator and water pump a week ago. This is the first time it does this.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah my car has been doing it on/off for a while now and some times the engine light flashes (but its always on) but the other day it was REALLY bad, it was like "farting" (lol) al over the place but after 10 secs of keeping it at ~2000 RPM it stopped...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Flashing engine light means misfire, you need to find out why.

·
Registered
67 Posts
A good scanner will tell you where the misfire is. Check all your plugs and wires. also on the water pump. make sure the pully is on right and check the belt to make sure it is on good.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Has it happened since your last post? You said it was only that morning, if it was a one time occurrence then it will be hard, and pointless to figure out. If its happening consistently, or only under certain conditions, we have more to work with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts