Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I'm not sure on that. But the good thing about plastidip is, you don't need to worry about it. Anything you don't want it on, it will peel off. Use a razor for the edges or it could tear. I would just take the whole dash piece out and mask it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ya I plasti dipped my hood awhile back. It only peels off easily if you do a thick enough coat otherwise it can be a p.i.t.a lol.
I don't have much wood trim like the newer models do so I don't really want to take the whole dash off... anyone else know if its just clipped on?

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Ya I plasti dipped my hood awhile back. It only peels off easily if you do a thick enough coat otherwise it can be a p.i.t.a lol.
I don't have much wood trim like the newer models do so I don't really want to take the whole dash off... anyone else know if its just clipped on?

You may want to post that in the 7th Gen forum......You should get a faster response!

Chevy Impala 7th Gen Discussion - Chevy Impala Forums

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good idea didnt think of that lols. Thanks!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It wouldn't be the entire dash that comes out, just the center section really, it takes less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still all the wood trim on the doors though. I'll make a thread in the other section soon but I will keep that in mind ,thankyou for the help.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Auntjemima just painted his interior, you might want to check that out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Any chance you could send me think link? Searched jemimas posts and started threads and can't seem to find it lol..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wow, I can't either lol.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
My 05 Impala LS

Well I kept warping front rotors some how so I went and got a brake upgrade. Drilled and slotted rotors from summit racing, came with ceramic brake pads

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
2005 impala build

Bringing this thread back from the dead lol, since I decided to keep the car and replace the trans and hopefully a paint job OR vinyl wrap hopefully next year Ill try to keep this thread updated on what I do with the car.
I figure Ill post up old pics of all the mods I have done so far.

Day I got the car

08 Impala SS catback.

4''magnaflow tips

Used 2.5'' downpipe

Naoia FWI

new spectre filter for said intake

ZZP HV3

VHT tinted tails

Complete topswap I ended up selling

Speed Daddy headers(also replaces old downpipe with 3'' downpipe)

Strut tower bars front and rear

Thats is all been done and installed.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Now what is waiting for warmer weather to be installed.

Transmission from a 2011 lucerene with only 3750 miles on it!! no pic yet it sits in the shed with too much snow in the way lol

Trans go shift kit for new trans

ZZP 2 Piece poly dog bone mounts since original ones are shot.

got more things i have bought but have not picked up yet so ill post pics of said things when I get them

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Poly mounts are installed, I have poly bushings in the mail to compete the dogbones poly setup.

Have a GMPP sway bar that's going in with the new transmission next weekend, trans also getting the transgo shift kit.

Also coming with the poly bushings is a throttlebody made for the supercharged 3800 from zzp, they call it their stage 1 high velocity throttlebody ,72 mm and my stock throttlebody 65mm so quite the dramatic change! the car will need to be tuned again from the air increase(cant install it without a tune or the engine will run way to lean and throw a c.e.l) luckily overkill is coming back to ontario to visit so I will be getting a incar retune from him. picked it up for $100 and they are $299.99 brand new so a good steal!

ALSO got a waterpump underdrive pulley for $30! dyno proven for 8 hp and 10 ft/lbs of torque across the enitre rpm range so pretty excited for that for the price I paid. nothing dramatic I know but I paid more to build my own intake which probably gave me less horsepower then this will lol.

trying to get my car into high-mid 14's with parts i find used/cheap. only engine mods I can do now are:

Performance heads, which are to expensive for the little gain you get from a n/a 3800 so not bothering

Cam OR Rockers which ill probably end up doing rockers cause the are MUCH easier to install.

pics will come when the parts arrive.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
got some parts today
the zzp l67 hvtb, 72 mm so 7mm bigger then my stock one, gotta wait for overkill to tune it got him booked on june 22nd, bought a new 4'' k&n filter and made a new 4'' open cone setup. did a open cone setup as i recently seen a dyno chart for the 3800 comparing a cold air intake vs open cone, and the open cone got 2 whp more lols, mostly like due to less piping and turns intake to try and get ambient air.

$10 used poly bushings that are on the car already so poly setup is done now

and the throttle body spacer so i can mount the tb on hassle free.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
just got my zzp underdrive waterpump pulley minutes ago!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ah cool a local! What do you drive?
I bought a house in st thomas. But i work in london still.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So lots to update on
New transmission is in with transgo shift kit is in! with only 6000km on it shift threw the gears quick and firm with the trans go kit.!

first day we got the trans out, then my buddy had to leave early.

second day it rained ALL day

new gmpp sway on

was together for 2 days then got a set of ER rockers. got those installed with the zzp l67 high velocity throttle body yesterday.

so now just gotta drive it easy tell the I get a new incar tune from overkill this saturday.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts