Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i slid into a jeep on a bridge. my abs kicked in and i slid right into the back of them. there spare tire was on the back and it hit my hood wich is what crumpled it. there hitch hit my bumper and cracked it. im thinking it pushed it all back a little. there is after pictures where we pressed the hood back down so its not as bad. wich the people that gave us a qoute to repair thought that it should be replaced but it is. they also put down the right front fender wich has no damage to it so idk what the hell they are doing but its covered by insureance. but there is a big list of stuff they estimated out. it came out to be $1,9XX. the insurance hasnt ok'd it yet. but luckily the people i hit have the same insurance as me and there is no deductible. but the %30 increase the first year still applies then itll drop every year for the next 3 years. ill put up more pics once i get the car done and see how well they did

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Impala vs. Jeep. My money is on the Jeep. I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee and it's an awesome vehicle. At least your impala is not too badly damaged.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impala vs. Jeep. My money is on the Jeep. I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee and it's an awesome vehicle. At least your impala is not too badly damaged.
i agree, its hard to beleive they estimated almost 2k worth of damage.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Any car hitting a taller vehicle will usually result un damage like that. Glad to see you slowed as much as you did.

Regarding abs, looks like it did what it should, kept the car straight.

Almost $2k seems right. Based on what you posted. Glad nobody was hurt. Good luck with the repairs :)

Don't let them throw import replacement parts on there.

From my Galaxy S3 while driving

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Jeep's or any 4x4 still have 4 tires on the road like every other vehicle. 4x4 doesn't matter when it comes to stopping :eek:k3:

OP: Don't you already have a thread about this?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeep's or any 4x4 still have 4 tires on the road like every other vehicle. 4x4 doesn't matter when it comes to stopping :eek:k3:

OP: Don't you already have a thread about this?
I don't have any thread like this. I posted in the what did you do to your impala today with a picture.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I don't have any thread like this. I posted in the what did you do to your impala today with a picture.
Gotcha

Sorry couldn't remember where I saw it

·
Banned
667 Posts
well i slid into a jeep on a bridge. my abs kicked in and i slid right into the back of them. there spare tire was on the back and it hit my hood wich is what crumpled it. there hitch hit my bumper and cracked it. im thinking it pushed it all back a little. there is after pictures where we pressed the hood back down so its not as bad. wich the people that gave us a qoute to repair thought that it should be replaced but it is. they also put down the right front fender wich has no damage to it so idk what the hell they are doing but its covered by insurance. but there is a big list of stuff they estimated out. it came out to be $1,9XX. the insurance hasn't ok'd it yet. but luckily the people i hit have the same insurance as me and there is no deductible. but the %30 increase the first year still applies then itll drop every year for the next 3 years. ill put up more pics once i get the car done and see how well they did
you can fix it your self for less then $500-1000 with after-market & OE parts

hood $194.42 shipped 330843834089
hood connector $48 shipped 251216501574
bumper cover $129.33 shipped 290830252443
plastic cover $35 shipped 350464633369

406.75 total.

installation ? 500or less?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can fix it your self for less then $500-1000 with after-market & OE parts

hood $194.42 shipped 330843834089
hood connector $48 shipped 251216501574
bumper cover $129.33 shipped 290830252443
plastic cover $35 shipped 350464633369

406.75 total.

installation ? 500or less?
that would be nice but im sure the bumper braces are bent, things seem to be back a little more than they should... luckily i dont have to pay a deductible, just a little more on the insurance for a couple years

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
True, but thats not what Dave was talking about.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^yup.

But your point is still good and not bad to mention. I see a lot of 4x4 and AWD driver's who get confident and don't realize even though the car can take off better and handle better in the snow, it will not stop any better at all. I have fallen prey to it myself having had at least one AWD or 4x4 in the household (except for 2010-2012) for the last 17 years.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
But your point is still good and not bad to mention. I see a lot of 4x4 and AWD driver's who get confident and don't realize even though the car can take off better and handle better in the snow, it will not stop any better at all. I have fallen prey to it myself having had at least one AWD or 4x4 in the household (except for 2010-2012) for the last 17 years.
Agreed 4x4 drivers get over confident. But, at least they have the option to put 4wd in when they get stuck in a ditch. If not already in 4wd

I swear I see more 4x4's in the ditch than cars. But, at least they have the option to put 4wd in when they get stuck in a ditch. If not already in 4wd

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all fixed and shiny. got it back today. ive been driving my gf's 2002 neon and boy that was rough. little shakey 4cyl and not much power on demand. noisy rough ride compard to the impala. i drove the impala about 20 miles just to be driving it. snapped a few pics while i was at it.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
looks great man

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks great man
yea its pretty good. there was a few spots on the left fender where it was spotty, and little run on the other fender but they look better than before so im ok with it, plus you can only see them when the sun is really hitting them... i havent opened the hood yet to look at those new peices.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
COOL! She looks great! Can't WAIT to see those pics from under the HOOD!! hint, hint...:eek:k3::beer:

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Thanks! She's looking good! Nice & clean......:eek:k3:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts