Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need to change my driver side fog light. Not the bulb, but the lens or whatever. How do I replace it. Mine keeps fogging up and I'm tired of it. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Moved to proper forum.

The fog lamp housing may be mounted through the back of the bumper valance. May have to lay on the ground and shine a light and mirror to see what screws or bolts that are holding it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
cut a small slit in the dustcover on the back of the light (rubber "O" shaped cover you remove to replace the bulb) the headlight assy's are expensive and this seems to do the trick in most cases.

Theres 2 white palstic tabs that "lift off" the headlight to remove it, One is hidden under the black plastic trim, but you can access it by lifting the corner, no need to remove it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Detroit, you are talking about the headlights, not the foglights.

The foglights are actually only attached by a single phillips screw that you can remove while kneeling in front of the car. It is visible from the outside, so no rolling under the car is necessary.

Undo the screw, pull the light out, and twist the wiring harness to release the wiring and bulb from the fog light housing.

EDIT: just to caution: do not overtighten the screw when you replace it. It simply turns into the plastic of the bumper, so you want to be careful not to strip it out, or you'll have to add a plastic or wood block to ensure the foglight is secure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts