Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to get the dash down to get the stock unit out. What wiring harness do I need? It has OnStar which I have heard makes it a little more difficult, although the OnStar doesnt work. I have also heard you have to run a separate wire for the ACC on the head unit, true?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
call crutchfield, I know on my 04 Envoy w/On* w/o Bose it was GMOS 01 $100 to keep the chimes & OnStar, but the Imp may be different since it has the RDS (reset TPM/Oil thur radio not speedo). I know there are radio reloc kits so you keep the radio to rest the RDS stuff, but for a harness your best bet is to call crutchfield or BestBuy and see what they say

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am gettin ready to install a pioneer indash in my 04. I just went and picked up the GMOS-04 which is for onstar and the factory amp, if you do not have the amp then you an go with the GMOS-01. Hey 04Detroit what would be my best bet for grounding out the parking brake safety wire for the dvd player so the dvd player can play without having to have to parking brake applied.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
if its an AVIC (pioneer) www.avic411.com

theres how tos on dvd bypass, fairly simple to do you have to reloc the mute wire in the harness, and ground the PB and reloc'd mute to the main ground. IIRC you can also just take the dvd bypass wire, wire it into a switch (that runs to ground not power) and use that, the pioneer checks for ground AFTER the unit boots up (from what ive been told)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your help with that, will see what else i can find before i try and tackel this project.
i just did this in my ss i had to purchase a 100 dollar plug to keep my tire presure moitoring system up and running and also if you dont buy this cord than your check engine light will stay on. as for the bypass i hooked up a kill switch when car starts dvd is in it says on screen DO NOT WATCH MOVIES WHILE DRIVING LALALALA than flick the switch and tricks my car into thinking still in part local shop did it for 15 bucks hope this helps

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea i just finished mine this weekend and did the same thing. Ran the park brake wire to a toggle and grounded it out. Works like a charm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts