Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the stock stereo on my 2004 Impala with this aftermarket stereo -> Boss 455BRGB. I used this harness to connect my new stereo to the 2 factory cables-> Axxcess AXGM-04. I also used a radio antenna adapter. After installing the harness with the correct wiring, all four speakers output very very very low volume, even with the stereo all the way up. I will say that even with the stock stereo, I had issues with low volume, but never this low. I see a few potential issues. The Boss stereo that I used did not have a remote turn on wire, but it did have a blue power antenna wire. I connected the blue and white remote turn on wire on the harness to the blue power antenna wire on the head unit in hopes that it would still serve its purpose. So, I suppose the issue could be that the amp isn't turning on with the new stereo due to this wiring issue. Another possible issue is that the stock amp is just not powerful enough for the new stereo, has gone bad, or has blown fuses. However, when I tried plugging the stock stereo back in I got higher volume (but still not very loud, and very poor quality). So far the only things that I can think to do is either bypass the stock amp and simply let the 200 watt head unit power the speakers, or buy a new and more powerful amp. I would not even know where to begin to bypass the amp, and I am not sure how to replace the old amp with a new one either. I can't seem to find any harnesses to replace the old amp with a new one for my vehicle. Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

· Registered
13 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
before I list the entire nightmare I had going through a aftermarket installation along with subwoofers in this car (04 base). quick question: I'm assuming that sometime in the past this vehicle had flooding on the passenger side underneath the carpet... if it did like all the Impalas of this generation did check the wiring harness going to your amplifier that sits right underneath the sill of the rear passenger door. this bundle contains the power wires for factory amplifier if this has been corroded because it's allowed to sit in water because maybe you live in a rainy part of the country like I do you'll find this is corroded and rusty and slowly falling apart. cut the corroded connector out splice the orange wires back together voila. that is if this is your problem if that's not your problem hit me up let me know and I'll show you exactly what I did on my install

· Registered
1 Posts
before I list the entire nightmare I had going through a aftermarket installation along with subwoofers in this car (04 base). quick question: I'm assuming that sometime in the past this vehicle had flooding on the passenger side underneath the carpet... if it did like all the Impalas of this generation did check the wiring harness going to your amplifier that sits right underneath the sill of the rear passenger door. this bundle contains the power wires for factory amplifier if this has been corroded because it's allowed to sit in water because maybe you live in a rainy part of the country like I do you'll find this is corroded and rusty and slowly falling apart. cut the corroded connector out splice the orange wires back together voila. that is if this is your problem if that's not your problem hit me up let me know and I'll show you exactly what I did on my install
yeah did that still low volume levels and its louder 3/4 of the way up then quiter all the way up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts